As 2018 comes to a close, the team at CAR is full of gratitude. It has been a year of transition and exciting new opportunities. The experience has been made richer by you and the entire automotive community.
NAFTA, TRADE & TARIFFS
From January to December, NAFTA, trade, and tariffs dominated the conversation. READ MORE >
MOBILITY DISRUPTS AUTO
The intersection of the technology and transportation industries is drastically altering the mobility landscape. This union has created entirely new value streams and business models, attracting the attention of consumers and automotive companies alike. This trend will continue. READ MORE >
From a hydrogen fuel cell truck debut to robo-gloves to a #MeToo discussion, CAR MBS 2018 covered the automotive industry’s most important issues. READ MORE >
IMPACT OF ACES ON MANUFACTURING
CAR took initiative to research the impacts of ACES vehicles on design, materials, manufacturing, and business models. CAR researchers interviewed multiple experts at vehicle manufacturers, tier-1 suppliers, and new mobility companies resulting in an MBS session and publication. READ MORE >
2019 AND BEYOND
The CAR team is hard at work researching the issues that will impact your business in 2019 and beyond including:
- Expansion to all facets of mobility including air and ground, nationwide and globally. This includes all aspects of the value chain from OEMs, suppliers, dealerships, logistics and more.
- Continued impact of trade issues on the industry
- UAW Negotiations
- Tracking the health of the industry with diligence to guide you through the coming changes
CAR is planning 5 industry briefings as well as CAR MBS 2019 with a focus on the issues impacting your business.
- Industry Briefing – 2019 Forecast, February -Southeast Michigan
- Industry Briefing – Bridging Michigan and California, March 5, 2019 – Palo Alto, California
- CAR MBS 2019 – March 11, 2019 Registration Opens
More to come!
CAR’s Affiliates Program continues to grow and bring new opportunities to access the latest research and CAR subject matter experts, as well networking with industry influencers. The program expanded in 2018 to offer more benefits with an eye towards greater growth in 2019 to include industry start-ups and new comers.
The Automotive Communities Partnership (ACP) is enhancing its program with expansion development to in more regions of the United States, and to more groups including academia, government, and utility providers.
We encourage you to connect with us at CAR for more information on these programs.