Jennifer Tisdale is the CEO at GRIMM, a cyber research firm headquartered in Reston, Virginia. Jennifer is a cyber-economics strategist recognized for building cybersecurity strategies and programs for industry, government, and academia. Her expertise has been concentrated on the security of connected, Cyber-Physical Systems, technologies and her portfolio include expertise for Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT), Smart Cities development and planning, Critical Infrastructure, and Advanced Transportation Mobility including Connected & Automated Vehicles, Aerospace, and the securing of unmanned military platforms. Previously, Jennifer is recognized for holding the first “mobility” job in the United States, serving as the Cyber-Mobility program strategist for the State of Michigan. Jennifer’s work created the foundation for Michigan’s economic strategy to band together automotive, defense and aerospace industries with embedded systems cybersecurity, charting a new economic development path for the state. In 2018 Jennifer was voted one of SC Magazine’s “Women to Watch” in Cybersecurity, and is an advocate for increased diversity, equity, and inclusion in the industry. She values partnerships and the need to build trust in a zero-trust world.
Jennifer volunteers with several non-profit organizations and takes an active role working with K12 school districts, encouraging students to embrace cybersecurity education for embedded systems for a variety of career paths and capabilities. Jennifer resides in metro-Detroit with her family.
- National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA), National, Washington D.C., Security Systems Engineering Sub-Committee, 2021-Present
- National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA), Michigan Chapter, Board Member – Cybersecurity Director, 2017-Present
- Advanced Manufacturing HUB (AMHUB), World Economic Forum, Cyber Manufacturing (Industry 4.0), 2020-Present
- SME, Smart Manufacturing Executive Committee, 2021-Present
- Policy Advisor, State of Michigan, Office of Future Mobility & Electrification, State of Michigan, 2021-Present
MBS 2022 Panelist: How the Cloud Can Improve Mobility and Cybersecurity