Under general supervision, this position is responsible for participating as a research assistant on a variety of research activities focusing on the automotive industry and the public sector. This is a temporary part-time (up to 20 hours per week) position with the potential 32 hours per week from May to August. Hourly rate: $15.00 – $17.00, depending on experience.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct research project tasks as directed
- Collect, organize and maintain macroeconomic, trade, and automotive industry data
- Prepare results, including tabular and graphical presentations
- Conduct library and electronic searches and prepare abstracts of key sources, including comprehensive literature reviews
- Participate in project meetings, as needed
- Provide general office and operational support, as needed
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in economics, public policy, business, industrial engineering, or related field
- Thorough knowledge and experience of MS Office Software, especially in PowerPoint and Excel
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with government and industry data resources
- Interest and/or familiarity with the automotive industry
- Basic statistics knowledge and experience with statistics software
Work at CAR will focus on the following areas—among others:
- Automotive economics and business
- Economic development policy analysis
- Sustainability, Regulation, and Policy Analysis
- Transportation systems research and analysis
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Angie Ely at [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, height, weight, marital status, protected disability or other characteristic protected by law.