President & CEO
Center for Automotive Research
Alan Amici is the President and CEO of the Center for Automotive Research (CAR).
Alan joined CAR after a 30+ year career with Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and TE Connectivity, holding a variety of positions in engineering, manufacturing, and service. His roles at TE include
- VP & CTO, Transportation Solutions
- VP Engineering, Automotive Americas
- Highlights of his tenure at FCA include:
- Head of Global Uconnect – Infotainment and Connected Car Platform
- Head of Electrical/Electronics Engineering (Torino, Italy & Auburn Hills, Michigan)
- Senior Manager, Global Service & Parts (Stuttgart, Germany)
Alan is the owner of two patents, is the recipient of the Walter P. Chrysler Technology Award and is a member of the SAE Convergence Technical Council, where he served as the Technical Program Chair for Convergence
Alan holds an MBA, a Master of Science degree and a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Michigan. He currently serves on the Board of Advisors at Penn State Harrisburg and is a graduate of the Chrysler Institute of Engineering.