President & CEO
Center for Automotive Research
Alan Amici is the President and CEO of the Center for Automotive Research (CAR).
Alan joined CAR after a 35+ year career with Chrysler and TE Connectivity, holding a variety of positions in engineering, manufacturing, and service. His roles at TE include
- VP & CTO, Transportation Solutions
- VP Engineering, Automotive Americas
Highlights of his tenure at Chrysler include:
- Head of Global Uconnect – Infotainment and Connected Car Platform
- Head of Electrical/Electronics Engineering (Torino, Italy & Auburn Hills, Michigan)
- Senior Manager, Global Service & Parts (Stuttgart, Germany)
Alan is the owner of two patents and is the recipient of the Walter P. Chrysler Technology Award. He holds an MBA, a Master of Science degree, and a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Michigan. He currently serves on the Board of Advisors at Penn State Harrisburg and the Department of Industrial Engineering at Wayne State University. He is a graduate of the Chrysler Institute of Engineering.