CAR Events are designed to disseminate key research, update stakeholders on critical industry issues, and foster discussions among industry thought leaders to share their insights and solutions to meeting the challenges of an ever-evolving global automotive industry.
- This event has passed.
Special event: STI and harnessing global opportunities for transformations in 2021
May 4 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
The year 2021 is set to be a landmark year with major global events, such as the Food Systems Summit, the High-level Dialogue on Energy, the second global Sustainable Transport Conference, the UN Biodiversity Conference (COP15) and UN Climate Change Conference (COP26). This roundtable will examine the most impactful STI applications- as well as the most significant unsolved problems- in these areas, with the potential to simultaneously influence multiple SDG targets. Several of these correspond closely to the ‘entry’ points advanced in the scientific assessment of the Global Sustainable Development Report, 2019.
Co-chair: H.E. Mr. Andrejs Pildegovičs, Ambassador and Permanent Representative of Latvia to the United Nations
- Mr. Manish Bapna, President and CEO (interim), World Resources Institute
- Ms. Ismahane Elouafi, Chief Scientist, Food and Agriculture Organization
- Ms. Carla Bailo, President and CEO, Center for Automotive Research, USA
- Ms. Damilola Ogunbiyi, CEO of Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL), Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General for Sustainable Energy for All and Co-Chair of UN-Energy (tbc)
- Mr. Amrit Chandan, Founder of Aceleron, UK
Interactive discussion (all stakeholders) (30 mins)
For information on how to partner with CAR on an event, or to put our conference experience to work for you, please contact Shaun Whitehouse at [email protected]