Under general supervision, this position is responsible for participating as a research assistant on a variety of research activities focusing on the automotive industry and the public sector. This is a temporary part-time (up to 20 hours per week) position with the potential 30 – 40 hours per week from May to August. Hourly rate: $13.00 – $15.00, depending on experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct research project tasks as directed
- Collect, organize and maintain macroeconomic, trade, and automotive industry data
- Prepare results, including tabular and graphical presentations
- Conduct library and electronic searches and prepare abstracts of key sources, including comprehensive literature reviews
- Participate in project meetings, as needed
- Provide general office and operational support, as needed
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in economics, public policy, business, industrial engineering, or related field
- Thorough knowledge and experience of MS Office Software, especially in PowerPoint and Excel
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with government and industry data resources
- Interest and/or familiarity with the automotive industry
- Basic statistics knowledge and experience with statistics software
Work at CAR will focus on the following areas—among others:
- Automotive economics and business
- Economic development policy analysis
- Sustainability, Regulation and Policy Analysis
- Transportation systems research and analysis
Candidates may need to be available to travel to Traverse City, Michigan for the period August 5 – August 8, 2019.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Angie Ely at [email protected] by March 8, 2019.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, height, weight, marital status, protected disability, or other characteristic protected by law.