Marketing and Events Assistant
The Center for Automotive Research, a nonprofit research organization based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, has a marketing assistant job opening for an enthusiastic, reliable and hard-working college student. The candidate for this position will provide marketing assistance as well as project management. This is a part-time temporary position. Hourly rate: $12.00 – $15.00 depending upon experience. Position reports to Strategic Digital Marketing and Brand Manager.
Under general supervision, this position will assist CAR staff with the following:
- Collect, organize, and maintain data in CAR’s CRM (Salesforce)
- Setup and send email marketing communications using Mailchimp
- Manage CAR’s social media output using Sprout Social Monitor CAR’s social media channels
- Event execution including data gathering and entry, report creation, website updates
- Speaker coordination (data collection, communication, updates to internal reports)
- Event signage process and mobile app development
- Onsite support as necessary
- Miscellaneous assignments: word processing, customer service via telephone and email, staff backup
- Working towards undergraduate degree in journalism, English, marketing, communications, or related field
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media channels
- Familiarity with using various search engines to discover and use industry data
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to interact appropriately with outside vendors and clients, especially event speakers and staff
- Experience working in and updating content management systems
- Interest and/or familiarity with the automotive industry helpful, but not required
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Angie Ely at [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, height, weight, marital status, protected disability or other characteristic protected by law.