The Director of Business Development is responsible for developing and maintaining strategic business relationships for research, events, affiliates and other CAR activities. In this position, the Director will visit potential clients, establish relationships, secure funding, and develop, implement, and maintain effective interaction with clients that meets or exceeds goals established by management. Reports directly to the President and CEO. Annual salary range is $155,000 – $165,000.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and coordinate business opportunities across all three lines of CAR’s revenue sources (research, events, Affiliates)
- Secure funding for research projects and Affiliates (amount to be determined based on fiscal year objectives)
- Establish and/or maintain excellent relationships across CAR’s clients and strategic partners
- Collaborate with CAR management, researchers and staff to identify and develop new opportunities, including potential new products and services
- Determine and support ongoing interface between clients and CAR researchers and staff
- Serve as member of CAR management team, including participation in strategic planning
- Implement initiatives as defined through strategic planning
- Present CAR activities to variety of audiences to raise awareness of CAR, its research and other services
- Master’s degree in business, marketing or related fields
- At least 10-15 years’ management experience in business development or related field
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Successful solicitation of contributions or funding
- Relevant work experience within the automotive industry
- Knowledge and/or familiarity with OEMs, suppliers and other industry stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience giving presentations
- Excellent team player
- Travel required
To apply, send a cover letter, resume and written work sample to Angie Ely at [email protected]. A presentation will be required if selected for an interview.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, height, weight, marital status, protected disability, or other characteristic protected by law.