Save the Date
March 20, 2018 | Michigan State University Management Education Center | Troy, MI
Registration opens January 8, 2018
Join our mailing list to get the latest information about the upcoming T3 Manufacturing Summit:
The manufacturing crisis is here:
Talent, technology, and capacity are constraining the industry’s ability to launch future products.
Growing demand for skilled workers in the U.S., typically associated with apprenticeships in the tool and die trade, is outstripping available capacity in the near term, bringing risk to successful launches of new product programs for automakers. More than twenty years of continuous sub-contracting of major body die construction for new programs has finally hit its limit putting model launches throughout North America at risk for lower quality, missed dates, or total reschedule.
The T3 Tooling Alliance is leading a comeback:
Join CAR for one day of critical content, action, and strategic planning designed to address the growing crisis.
The tooling industry is at a crossroad, facing a crisis certain to have negative impact on the health of OEMs without immediate attention. Regional Tool & Die shops, working with a consortium the regions automakers, academia, and other stakeholders is actively working to overcome this challenge. T3 aims to advance solutions to manage and survive the onslaught of new product launches and help to restore the North American tooling industry’s manufacturing talent base to reclaim its position of financial health, competitiveness, and stability.
Make your voice heard:
Be part of the solution to the current crisis at CAR’s T3 Manufacturing Summit 2018.
Join us and participate in a full day of insightful panel discussions, OEM and stakeholder perspectives, and hands-on planning roundtables between OEM, Supplier, Academic, and Government stakeholders aimed at advancing strategic implementation strategies.
Attendees will get:
- Keynote Address: Launching new programs – Success Drivers, Issues, and the Dilemma We Face
- Updates on Capacity, Timing and Workload Forecasts
- Actions and Priorities by the CAR T3 Tooling Alliance – Addressing the Looming Crisis
- Panel Discussions – Define Stakeholder Perspectives:
- Automaker Needs & Expectations – What drives allocations away from local sources?
- Tool & Die – What help is needed & what stands in the way?
- Academia – Knowledge gap and how to develop, improve and standardize the necessary curriculum.
- Actively participate cross functional roundtable discussions with OEMs Suppliers, Academic, and Government representatives to define strategic implementation strategies.