Valerie Sathe Brugeman
Senior Project Manager, Transportation Systems Analysis Group and Industry, Labor, & Economics Group
Center for Automotive Research
Valerie Sathe Brugeman joined the Center for Automotive Research (CAR) in 2007, and her work primarily revolves around the interactions between the automotive industry, communities, and advanced mobility. In this position, she examines the role of the industry in economic development, land use, and workforce, as well as the role of connected vehicle technology in improving safety, mobility, and the environment. She plays an integral role in the Automotive Communities Partnership, a program within CAR that helps auto communities adapt and respond to auto industry challenges and opportunities.
Prior to joining CAR, Valerie was employed at the Arbor Strategy Group (now GfK Group), a marketing and management consulting firm. Subsequently, she worked at ForeSee, a website customer satisfaction market research company. In these organizations, Valerie obtained valuable experience in both qualitative and quantitative market research techniques.
Valerie received her Master of Public Policy from the University of Michigan, and a Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Spanish, also from the University of Michigan.
- Strategic Growth Plan for Connected and Automated Vehicle Assets in Southeast Michigan
- Future Cities: Navigating the New Era of Mobility
- Planning for Connected and Automated Vehicles
- Building Capacity and Capability in the Bio-based Materials Manufacturing Sector
- IntelliDriveSM Initiatives in Michigan: Leading the States Forward
- Repurposing Former Auto Manufacturing Sites
- Green and Connected: A White Paper for the Michigan Department of Transportation
- Connected Vehicle Technology Industry Delphi Survey
- Connected Vehicle Technology Government Delphi Survey
- Repurposing Former Automotive Manufacturing Sites in the Midwest
- Public Perceptions of Connected Vehicle Technology
- International Survey of Best Practices in Connected Vehicle Technologies: 2012 Update
- International Survey of Best Practices in Connected and Automated Vehicle Technologies: 2013 Update
- The Impact of Federal Regulations on Franchised Automobile Dealers
- NAFTA Briefing: Trade benefits to the automotive industry and potential consequences of withdrawal from the agreement
- Public Perceptions of Connected and Automated Vehicle Technologies