Research Assistant I – Transportation Systems Analysis Group
The Center for Automotive Research, a nonprofit research organization based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, has an opening for a Research Assistant I working in support of the Transportation Systems Analysis group. Under general supervision, this position is responsible for participating as a research assistant on a variety of research activities focusing on the automotive industry and the public sector. This is a part-time temporary position (15 – 20 hours per week) during the school year with the potential for full-time employment in the summer. Hourly rate: $13.00 – $15.50, depending on experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct research project tasks as directed
- Collect, organize, and maintain data related to assigned projects
- Prepare tabular and graphical representations of research results
- Participate in project meetings
- Conduct library and electronic searches and prepare abstracts of key sources
- Assist with both written reports and formal presentations (e.g., via PowerPoint)
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or related field (will also consider graduate students who already possess a Bachelor’s degree)
- Must have thorough knowledge of and experience with MS Office Software, especially Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience with data entry and analysis
- Familiarity with government and industry data resources and Internet search engines
- Interest and/or familiarity with the automotive industry
- Strong writing, especially technical writing, skills
Assigned project work is expected to focus on one or more of the following topics:
- Connected and automated vehicle technology and related functionality (e.g., AI, cybersecurity, sensors)
- Innovative mobility solutions (e.g., ridehailing, mobility-as-a-service)
- Smart cities
- Economic development policy analysis
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Angie Ely at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: May 1, 2018
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, height, weight, marital status, protected disability or other characteristic protected by law.